Praise God for guiding me through my first year at Loyola Marymount University! Though it has definitely been a challenge, I am extremely grateful for the many lessons God has taught me. This year, God called me to start a student-led Christian fellowship at school. At times things became difficult and I was confused not only in the direction of the Christian fellowship but also in my own life plans.
In the midst of this confusion, I spent a day prayerfully focused on God and waiting for His voice. After praying, God’s peace completely overwhelmed me as promised in Philippians 4:6-7 which says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
After seeking for direction through prayer, God answered. The morning after, I received a call from the Youth Development and Leadership Director of The Salvation Army. He called to inform me that I had been accepted to The Salvation Army’s Service Corps mission team to Hong Kong! Service Corps will be a totally new experience for me because I will be apart of a six person team of women I do not know. We will serve by leading children’s day camps, visiting senior centers, and assisting in youth ministry work within the twenty Salvation Army churches around Hong Kong. We will be leaving June 15th, and returning to the US on July 29th.
Thankfully, God has been giving me the opportunity to visit people, places, and countries on more than one occasion. Last year I was able to serve in Italy twice, and now, Hong Kong twice! For me it’s truly a blessing that I’m able to do this through Service Corps to reconnect with those in Hong Kong.
Please pray for The Salvation Army in Hong Kong: for God to empower us with the Holy Spirit, for all the people that we meet to be open to the message of Jesus, and for our journey to be used for God’s glory. The expenses for this missions trip is approximately $1500 per person. I am extremely grateful for the contributions and support you made last summer towards Italy, and the previous summer towards Hong Kong. If you would like to support me through prayer or a donation, please contact me at KO.Designs@comcast.net. I truly appreciate the support you have given me through the years, and I thank God that He has placed you in my life.

1 comment:
Nikole: Hope you arrived safe and sound in Hongkong. It is a great city! I visited a couple of years ago and loved it. The Salvation Army there is amazing. God's richest blessings on you.
Major Dave
Post a Comment